While the Xbox Series X and Series S aren’t as hard to find and buy as the Sony PS5, getting one of Microsoft’s newest consoles is still difficult. But your chances of scoring a new Xbox are finally improving, with major retailers restocking the products more frequently.
“We’re not sure which major retailer will be the next to restock, but there’s a good chance that there will be more coming directly from Microsoft’s store. Target had an early Xbox Series restock on Thursday that still had some availability on Saturday. This followed a GameStop restock chock-full of expensive bundles that has since sold out. Best Buy restocked its inventory last week as well and plenty of people managed to secure a new console. “
What is the Console Purchase Pilot program?
Microsoft has made it possible for people who want to participate in the Xbox Insiders program to form a virtual queue that guarantees you will be offered a real legit Xbox console at the regular price once one is available through Microsoft. The only way to participate in this very limited program is to own an older Xbox already, so you can join the Xbox Insiders program and be invited to sign up for this Console Purchase Pilot.
At the moment, registration for the pilot is closed, but Microsoft says it will reopen registration soon. While you wait, it’s probably a good idea to join Xbox Insiders.
How do I join the Xbox Insider program?
Microsoft’s internal program for giving fans early access to things it’s testing out offers a lot of neat and new things to mess around with, even without this early access program for buying a new Xbox. In order to join this program you’ll need to be logged in to an Xbox with your own account.
1. Open the Xbox Store.
2. Search for Insider.
3. Select the Xbox Insider Bundle app.
4. Select Join when you open the app.
How to increase your chances of getting an Xbox Series X when a restock happens
It can be a little chaotic some times, constantly refreshing the screen and hoping you see a checkout link. And as many people can attest, it’s pretty painful to punch in your payment information only then to see that the purchase can’t be completed because all the consoles are gone. Here are some tips:
- Open multiple browsers: Got a laptop, phone, or maybe a tablet? Use them all to try to make the purchase. Set yourself up ahead of time with multiple browsers open to the retail site of your choice and be ready to buy from all of them.
- Don’t give up: Cnet says “Many of these retailers have started releasing the consoles over the course of 30 minutes, to keep bots from buying them all and reselling them at a price increase. If you see everything is sold out after the first 5 minutes, keep refreshing because your chance probably isn’t gone yet. “
- Make sure you have a confirmation email: “There have been many reports of a purchase getting “stuck” and even though the website said the sale was complete no confirmation email arrived and then no Xbox arrived. Keep an eye out and make sure you actually have an Xbox Series X headed your way before celebrating. “
How to avoid Xbox Series X restock scams
Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there eager to take advantage of everyone trying to get an Xbox Series X. Here’s how to avoid any of the known scams:
- Stay away from Twitter links: If you see something on Twitter about an Xbox Series X restock happening somewhere, your best option is to go straight to the retailer and not the link. In many cases, those Twitter links have turned out to be scams.
- Only buy at the retail price: If someone is offering you an Xbox Series X for more or less than $500 or an Xbox Series S for more or less than $300, you should probably stay far away. There are many of these sites offering “deals” or “bundles” that are frequently not actually worth it.
Dexerto says “xQc has always been a lone wolf in many ways. Generally, he likes to stream on his own rather than collaborating with other streamers. And when he does collaborate with them, it leads to drama more often than not. For example, he clashed with streamers like Pokelawls and Myth on the OfflineTV Rust server before quitting. Then, when he moved onto GTA RP, he got banned multiple times following clashes with other streamers like MOONMOON before moving on. Heck, he even rage-quit from a Monopoly game. But interestingly enough, butting heads with other streamers isn’t the reason why he’s now “done” with collaborations. It turns out that something else bothers him much
It’s very easy to say that GTA 6 has become one of the most-anticipated games of all time. Despite Rockstar remaining mum on all things rumors and leaks, some of which seem more credible than others, some employees may have let GTA news slip through the cracks. “Primarily, a couple of employees known for their work on Grand Theft Auto games made headlines in recent weeks after some of their social media posts surfaced, appearing to hint at the next Grand Theft Auto title.” GTA 6 clues on social media Notably, Soundtrack Manager and Music Supervisor Tony Mesones shared a photo of Miami to
Joining Call of Duty in an effort to add some suspicion to proceedings, Fortnite is allegedly due to get an Among Us style mode. Initially released in June 2018, the indie hit from developers InnerSloth experienced an immense boom in popularity in 2020 as streamers from across the globe flocked to it. Some streamers have bailed on the party game, but there are plenty still playing it on a regular basis. Among Us had a crossover with Fall Guys in March of 2021, but it now it looks like Fortnite will also link up with the game. When is Among