While the Xbox Series X and Series S aren’t as hard to find and buy as the Sony PS5, getting one of Microsoft’s newest consoles is still difficult. But your chances of scoring a new Xbox are finally improving, with major retailers restocking the products more frequently.
“We’re not sure which major retailer will be the next to restock, but there’s a good chance that there will be more coming directly from Microsoft’s store. Target had an early Xbox Series restock on Thursday that still had some availability on Saturday. This followed a GameStop restock chock-full of expensive bundles that has since sold out. Best Buy restocked its inventory last week as well and plenty of people managed to secure a new console. “
What is the Console Purchase Pilot program?
Microsoft has made it possible for people who want to participate in the Xbox Insiders program to form a virtual queue that guarantees you will be offered a real legit Xbox console at the regular price once one is available through Microsoft. The only way to participate in this very limited program is to own an older Xbox already, so you can join the Xbox Insiders program and be invited to sign up for this Console Purchase Pilot.
At the moment, registration for the pilot is closed, but Microsoft says it will reopen registration soon. While you wait, it’s probably a good idea to join Xbox Insiders.
How do I join the Xbox Insider program?
Microsoft’s internal program for giving fans early access to things it’s testing out offers a lot of neat and new things to mess around with, even without this early access program for buying a new Xbox. In order to join this program you’ll need to be logged in to an Xbox with your own account.
1. Open the Xbox Store.
2. Search for Insider.
3. Select the Xbox Insider Bundle app.
4. Select Join when you open the app.
How to increase your chances of getting an Xbox Series X when a restock happens
It can be a little chaotic some times, constantly refreshing the screen and hoping you see a checkout link. And as many people can attest, it’s pretty painful to punch in your payment information only then to see that the purchase can’t be completed because all the consoles are gone. Here are some tips:
- Open multiple browsers: Got a laptop, phone, or maybe a tablet? Use them all to try to make the purchase. Set yourself up ahead of time with multiple browsers open to the retail site of your choice and be ready to buy from all of them.
- Don’t give up: Cnet says “Many of these retailers have started releasing the consoles over the course of 30 minutes, to keep bots from buying them all and reselling them at a price increase. If you see everything is sold out after the first 5 minutes, keep refreshing because your chance probably isn’t gone yet. “
- Make sure you have a confirmation email: “There have been many reports of a purchase getting “stuck” and even though the website said the sale was complete no confirmation email arrived and then no Xbox arrived. Keep an eye out and make sure you actually have an Xbox Series X headed your way before celebrating. “
How to avoid Xbox Series X restock scams
Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there eager to take advantage of everyone trying to get an Xbox Series X. Here’s how to avoid any of the known scams:
- Stay away from Twitter links: If you see something on Twitter about an Xbox Series X restock happening somewhere, your best option is to go straight to the retailer and not the link. In many cases, those Twitter links have turned out to be scams.
- Only buy at the retail price: If someone is offering you an Xbox Series X for more or less than $500 or an Xbox Series S for more or less than $300, you should probably stay far away. There are many of these sites offering “deals” or “bundles” that are frequently not actually worth it.
The Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War and Vanguard did not do too well as per expectations. The reactions and responses of fans were mixed; however, the community is anxiously waiting for the next entry into the franchise. A piece of exciting news is on the line that the next version of COD which is rumored to be a sequel to Modern Warfare (2019) will be having a DMZ mode inspired by the game “Escape from Tarkov” The DMZ mode will reportedly feature a little battle royale mode allowing you to collect guns and all your progress will be […]
COD Modern Warfare II is one of the most highly anticipated games in the past 10 years. The great thing behind its development is that it’s been in the works since 2018, players are hoping to have a roller-coaster ride in the upcoming iteration which is supposed to release sometime in Q4 in 2022. Of late, the leaker has released information related to the game’s campaigns, plot, and settings. Let’s take a look at those leaked details. The Game Setting In September 2021, the first details about the game’s setting were leaked by Andy Robinson (Video Game Chronicle). Recently, the […]
As Winterfest 2021 is underway for Fortnite Chapter 3 the players can get the chance to unlock free skins and other goodies by completing the Winterfest challenges. One of the latest Winterfest 2021 challenges is to destroy the 10 Holiday Decorations. These decorations are placed in different locations. Let’s take a look at where to find those decorations so that you can destroy those and earn freebies. Locations of Holiday Decorations The holiday decorations are everywhere from doors to houses as a player, your task is to identify the decorations and destroy them. Even if you doubt anything that it […]